Robin Shapiro is an expert in the field of trauma and dissociation. She wrote several books on EMDR and on the Ego State Therapy. More than 30 years of experience with very difficult patients gives her the possibility to teach so many skills and strategies and how to understand every single step of therapy with difficult patients
FEEDBACK OF ONE PARTICIPANT
“It was full to the brim, well structured and lots of practices and demonstrations. Everyone loved it. I learned tons and would recommend her wholeheartedly. Also, the group was small enough to make real connections. You can be proud”
The Participants to this training were so happy. They reffered they received so many skills and they learned so much that all their practice was significantly improved.
Easy Ego State Therapy Abstract This workshop is a practical overview of un-derstanding ego state therapy for dissociative and non-dissociative clients. Participants will get a working model of ego states; how they arise; how to bring resourced “oldest, wisest” parts to the front and access other positive states; how to heal simple trauma and com-plex trauma (including sexual trauma), deal with relationship issues (including finding a good relationship), contain and heal distres-sed and destructive parts in “high-tech” safe places, keep all parts oriented to the present, work with suicidal parts, and deal with per-sonality-disordered and highly dissociative clients. Participants will also learn how to use ego state therapy to calm over-active immu-ne systems and chronic pain. The workshop includes lecture and practice and some case demonstration. Participants should be able to use ego state therapy with their clients upon completing this workshop.
1. You will learn the difference between dissociative and non-dissociative ego states.
2. You will be able to access resourced “oldest-wisest” ego states in yourselves and your clients. 3. You will be able to assist clients to contain and heal di-stressed and destructive “parts”.
4. You will know how to use Ego State Therapy with clien-ts who have multiple chemical sensitivities and Graft versus Host disease.
5. You will learn how to help the adult parts of clients to orient to better relationship skills and to pick better partners.
6. You will learn how to work with narcissistic and borderli-ne personality disorder clients.
7. You will know how to assess and begin to work with hi-ghly dissociative clients.
8. If you do EMDR, you will learn how to use this work in the Preparation and Processing phases of therapy.
9. You will learn a simple, effective trauma tool.
10. The 4-day training includes extensive practice including
a. Mapping your own ego states in the context of your life-span
b. Clearing simple trauma c. Bringing your own “oldest-wisest” part to the front in life situations when many of us regress (under stress, when dea-ling with our spouses or people in authority, around compulsive behaviors)
11. The 4-day training includes clinical demonstrations with some participants, either as themselves or as their difficult clients.